Fundraiser Set to Recognize BSB County Volunteer Fire Departments
Coming up next Wednesday, March 8th, the Butte Elks Lodge and CCCS are set to sponsor a city wide Butte Silver Bow County Volunteer Fire Department Fundraiser. The event consists of dinner served and enjoyed among friends and family from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Butte Elks Lodge (206 W Galena). Cost is only $14 dollars a plate and all for a great cause. Children 5 and under eat for free. (continued...)
As indicated in the newsletter Chron, the U.S. Fire Administration has estimated that about 54 percent of all firefighters in the nation are volunteers. By most standards volunteer fire fighters must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver's license, pass a physical, drug test, a background check and possess either a high school diploma or GED. Volunteers must also live in city/county limits and have the ability to climb ladders, handle axes and hoses and other critical tasks associated to fire fighting. Most are also expected to be CPR and EMT certified. The responsibilities of fire department volunteers are endless and range from fighting fires, providing medical emergency and community outreach services... to performing station chores, search and rescue tasks and traffic control. The above illustration goes to show just how important these men and women are to communities across the United States and right in Butte Silver-Bow County.
Gratefully, the current VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENTS in BSB COUNTY include:
- Home Atherton - 3900 Sheridan Avenue (406) 494-4422
- Centerville - 30 E Center Street
- Terra Verde - 569 Janney Road (406) 494-3816
- Race Track - 2344 Grand Avenue (406) 490-8285
- Rocker - 1110 Grizzly Trail (406) 782-7801
- Floral Park - 3001-3003 Banks Avenue
- Elk Park - 570 E Elk Park Road (406) 225-4075 (BSB & Jefferson County)
- Big Butte Boulevard - 900 Lexington Ave
- Little Basin Creek - 617 Little Basin Creek Road (406) 494-4365
So, save the date and show your support with the BSB County Volunteer Fire Department Fundraiser! That's March 8th, sponsored by the Butte Elks Lodge and CCCS. All proceeds will be split between the departments.